Sunday, September 14, 2014

Three Languages Layout

Hello all! I hope you are having a good weekend! There is a new CSI:Color, Stories, Inspiration challenge. Here's the case file:


My layout:

One of the Curious as a Cat inspiration link had the topic 'how many languages do you speak'. Instead of writing about myself, I did a layout about my son's language development. People sometimes say that it must be confusing to him to grow up with three languages around him, but for Anton it is normal. As he gets older, he has started to be proud of being able to say the same thing three times in different languages, such as 'I love you'. He doesn't speak all three equally well yet, having his own sweet version of English. From the evidence I used: clouds, stripes and triangles. I flipped the sketch around because it worked better with my photos that way.

The background is watercolour paper. Texture paste was applied through two different Tim Holtz stencils with a palette knife. When it was dry, I applied Distress Paint on my craft sheet, misted with water and pressed the paper into the paint. After the paint dried, an alphabet stamp was stamped here and there and I dry-brushed some white paint on the letters.

The title was die cut from mat board, stamped with a definition stamp and inked yellow around the edges.

The clouds/talk bubbles were die cut from mat board, stamped and coated with Glossy Accents. I used Inktense pencils to colour the stamped image.

And of course a few Chit Chat stickers, I keep reaching for them. The journaling is typed on a piece of paper tucked behind the layout because I wrote quite a bit.

Thank you for looking! I hope you'll be able to join us in the challenge this week.

Happy crafting!

Anna-Karin


Supplies:
Surfaces: Daler & Rowney Watercolour paper; Neenah Smooth Solar White; Sizzix Little Sizzles Mat Board
Dies: Sizzix: Vintage Market XL, Talk Thought Bubbles
Stamps: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: School Desk, World Traveler, Classics #11; Hero Arts: Printer's Lowercase LL762
Ink: Ranger Archival Ink: Jet Black; Distress Ink: Mustard Seed
Paint: Distress Paint: Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Picket Fence
Stencils: Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz: Cargo, Measured
Medium: Ranger: Texture Paste, Dina Wakley White Gesso
Pencils: Derwent: Inktense
Embellishments: Tim Holtz idea-ology: Chit Chat stickers, Symphony Tissue Tape, Elements Tissue Tape, Laboratorie Tissue Tape; cheese cloth

2 comments:

  1. Your layout is beautiful, the colours are wonderful. I think it is lovely that your son should be able to speak 3 languages from an early age. So many of us who study language at school forget it so easily, because we do not use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its fab..I loved the stenciled alphabet bg and the colors !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!