Monday, August 18, 2014

Adventure Journal Page

Hello everyone! Monday and of course a new Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. This week anything goes! I am looking forward to seeing what everyone will create.

I made a fun art journal page in memory of childhood summer camping trips. Most of the products I used are from the new Simon Says Stamp exclusive This is the Life range. Working in my Small Creative Journal, I covered the background in gesso and added scratches and lines with the Ranger Scraper Tool. I thought the Waves stencil would also work as rolling hills and smeared White Embossing Paste through.

The hills and the sky were painted with Distress Paints. This fun car comes from the Wagon Adventure set with coordinating dies. I stamped it with Watering Can ink on Specialty Stamping cardstock and coloured with Distress Inks. The Sizzix Magnetic Platform works really well together with stamp/dies combos.
 
The sun was stamped with Chrome Yellow Archival ink and die cut. I stamped on of the sentiments from the Wagon Adventure set in the middle with Watering Can. The clouds were die cut from old dictionary paper with the Cloud Bank die.

I made some quirky trees using the Ice Cream Cones die, colouring with Distress Ink. The sweet hearts also come from the Wagon Adventure set, stamped with Vermillion ink.
 
Join us in this week's anything goes challenge and it might be you who wins a $50 gift voucher from Simon Says Stamp, drawn randomly.

http://www.simonsaysstamp.com/
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today!
 
Happy crafting!
Anna-Karin
 
Supplies:
Surfaces: Ranger: Dylusions Small Creative JournalSpecialty Stamping Paper; old dictionary paper
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: Wagon Adventure Set
Medium: Ranger Dina Wakley: White Gesso; Stamper's Anonymous Wendy Vecchi: White Embossing Paste
Stencils: Simon Says Stamp: Waves

10 comments:

  1. Perfect summery layout! Love how you have floating ice cream cones in the sky as what would a summer vacation be without ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun and cute page, Anna-Karin. All the images are super adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun page! Love those ice cream cones! And the text clouds are so cute! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is one of my favorite projects that you've done! The pastel color palette is so fun and so very SUMMER! The whole thing made me feel happy and like I wanted to go on a road trip myself. Love how you scratched up the sky! And those clouds look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun summertime project! Such a cute scene that you created!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun & happy scene! I love the text clouds :)

    *mwah*
    Steph
    Simon Says Stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful summer scene! BArbarayaya

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful scene and I love how you've used the ice cream cones as trees, very clever and creative! A fabulous project as always, Anna-Karin! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So fun! I love the whimsy in this!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! Happy Crafting!